Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bob's Birthday Blog


Hi Everyone,

Well, since today is my 47th birthday, I thought it would be good to post a few thoughts, along with a picture of me and my lovely wife, who looks 25 but is really not that far behind me!


It's been a wild ride. In the last 12 months we have finished a master's degree, travelled to Thailand, been part of an emerging long-term team to Northern Thailand, spoken in a number of churches from BC to central California to Kansas and Oklahoma and back again, sold virtually everything we own, including our home in Birch Bay, participated in a 2 month training program in Canada, and are now preparing to leave North America behind and move to Thailand to live, along with 2 of our 5 children, and our team of 3 single adults. Quite a lot for 1 year!


In all of this, the greatest lesson has been the faithfulness of God. We have seen so many answers to prayer, we could go on for hours. From the start of this latest chapter in the ongoing adventure that makes up our lives God has been so close, teaching us and guiding us and just loving us, in spite of our brokenness and at times, unfaithfulness. He never changes, and always hears our cries, and heals our wounds. No wonder we want to serve Him! He is worthy of all we can give, and so much more. And yet, that is all He asks..that we love Him and serve others. So, that is what we strive to do.


Happy birthday to me!


Bob

2 comments:

Bitsy said...

Happy B-Day. Uncle Bob. 47? Really? I never would have known. Hope it was a lovely one.
Bitsy

Jessica said...

wow...i'm a jerk. can it still count if i say it after 3 weeks? i can't believe i missed it Bobbily Boo!!! I (in deepest sincerity and shame of my ignorance) wish you a Happy Birthday. 32 is a great age!!!